Let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Heb 12:1-2 (NLT)

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Art By My Hand

I scrapbook. Or at least I used to. These days I mostly accumulate scrapbooking supplies which sit on shelves.

Having faced the reality that I just do not have the time to scrapbook in the traditional sense, I have taken up digital scrapbooking. However, I am the belief that digital scrapbooking is cheating, so I aim to (traditionally) scrapbook a few pages for my kids and for my husband each year.

I've decided to do "all about me" albums for each of my kids. I am currently working on my daughter's "at age 3" pages. These will be the first in the album, so I had to fill three 12x12 pages.

In the journal boxes I plan to write what my daughter's likes and dislikes were at age 3 (she is four now, so unless you can remember a lot of details from when your children were younger, I would start with their current age, or up to one year ago if you can remember that far back). I'm going to use either a picture taken of her at her 3rd birthday party, or her preschool picture from that year.

Children bring home a TON of crafts. Way more than I know what to do with. After having a turn being pinned on my "Masterpieces" bulletin board, I have either recycled or stuffed away my kids crafts with intentions to figure it out later.

I have decided to choose a few of my favorite ones that my daughter completed at preschool and at home when she was 3 and include them in her "all about me" album. Since the second page is titled, "Art by my hand", I choose the crafts that used her handprint. I got pretty well all of the supplies seen here at Costco.






7 comments:

  1. Lovely,Thanks for joining us on Creative Mondays :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - that is so true about scrapbooking supplies. I have so many! I am still trying to scrapbook the traditional way and I am way behind. Glad to know I am not alone! Following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can never seem to find the time to scrapbook! I usually do a once a year photo book that is simple with just photos from LULU.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping by. I look forward to reading your posts.

    Lioness- Following Back

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Great books! I wish I had the time (and patience) to scrapbook. You do such a great job :)

    <3-Cami from First Day of My Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi popped over earlier and followed just popped back to say thanks for linking up to welcome to the weekend blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work by www.lucyssoupcan.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License