Let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Heb 12:1-2 (NLT)

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Chicken Ranch Wraps

Ease: 5/5     Kid-friendliness: 5/5     Taste: 4/5     Ease: 5/5

There is nothing to this recipe. You can barely even call this a recipe. I just appreciate being able to find snack and lunch ideas for my kids. It's easy to fall into a rut when it comes to snacks and lunches. My daughter would love to eat grilled cheese sandwiches and goldfish every day, but I figure a little variety is a good thing. This recipe is also an easy way to use up left-over roast chicken or turkey, or left over chicken breasts from supper the night before.

These are a favorite of my daughter's.

What you'll need:

  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1 bell pepper (I used 1/2 a green one, and 1/2 a yellow one), cut into think strips
  • 6 pieces of lettuce
  • 2 C cooked chicken, cut into strips (to save time, most grocery stores now sell packaged cooked strips of chicken and turkey breasts). 
  • 6 whole wheat tortillas
  • 2 Tbsp ranch dressing (I use light)
  • 1 C shredded cheese (I used marble)

In a small skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the pepper and sauté until tender (~ 3 minutes).

Spread a thin (or amount that you desire) layer of ranch dressing evenly over one side of a tortilla. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Layer a lettuce leaf, some pepper, and some chicken in the centre of the tortilla. Roll up tortilla length wise and enjoy (quick tip for toddlers: I often put the cheese on top and cut the wrap in half, and then heat it in the microwave for 20 seconds. This melts the cheese, and "seals" the wrap making it a little easier for my daughter to eat)! Makes about 6 wraps. 





2 comments:

  1. Kids of all ages (like me!) would love this! Easy hot weather meal, perfect picnic food ... :)

    foodfloozie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello and thanks for visiting my blog!

    these look delicious!! yummmm!

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work by www.lucyssoupcan.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License